Being the most popular pastime in the US, golf is something that requires a good amount of practice to make sure you play it right. Gone are the days when you had to be a country club member just to gain access to the finest putting greens. Now, even the busiest of people can improve their game. All thanks to synthetic putting greens. If you are interested in buying one, here are some of the best portable golf putting green kits that are getting good feedback this year.
Big Moss is one of the companies that specialize in portable putting greens for both indoor and outdoor use. They have a variety of products to choose from, depending on your level of expertise. One such product is the 4 ft. x 12 ft. Big Moss Augusta.
- Great for putting, pitching, and chipping practice
- Takes minutes to setup
- Made of non-wrinkle material
- Comes with True Roll Technology
- Can be vacuumed to improve roll
- Comes with Break Snakes that allow you to customize contours in unlimited ways
- Must be laid out on an even surface as it has a tendency to conform to the slightest bump
StarPro Greens Professional Practice
StarPro manufactures one of the most realistic artificial putting green kits for interior and exterior use. This specific product measures 10 ft. x 3 ft.
- Multiple holes available
- Comes with a 10 Stimp true roll, similar to a country club golf playing speed
- Allows you to putt from different corners of the green
- Quite on the expensive side
Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three
This 3 feet by 9 feet putting green carpet is kidney-shaped, thus, making it quite a challenging indoor practice putting green for amateurs and pros alike. It also comes with three putting holes.
- Ease of rolling and unrolling
- Realistic surface stays smooth, regardless of where it is placed
- Holes are too shallow to hold the ball in place
- Does not replicate grass, thus, stimp could not really be measured.
SKLZ Accelerator Pro-Ball Return
This indoor or backyard putting green kit allows you to practice uphill golfing and improve your stance and swings.
- Comes with alignment guides
- Features a gravity ball return
- Features a true-roll turf structure
- Structure is not favorable for left-handed golfers as the ball return path is situated at the right side of the putting green.
Portable Putting Greens vs. Artificial Putting Green Installation
While portability is a significant factor for people who wish to have somewhere they could practice their golfing skills, it would be more beneficial to have artificial grass installed in a backyard or office space instead.
- Longevity – An installed synthetic putting green lasts longer than a store-bought kit.
- Customizable – Installing a synthetic turf allows you to customize the course, the number of holes, and any slopes you want to include for your practice.
- Aesthetics – Because it is properly installed using natural-looking grass, it adds more beauty to your practice area. Also, it makes you look more serious about improving your posture and game.